Medicare Part D Resource Center
Welcome to NHIA's Medicare Part D Resource Center, a service to members to learn about the Medicare Part D program as well as NHIA's advocacy activities to gain comprehensive coverage for infusion therapies under Medicare.
Congress Now to Support the Medicare Home Infusion Site of Care Act
The “Medicare Home Infusion Site of Care Act” would close a gap that currently exists in coverage where the medicines used in infusions to treat serious diseases are covered, but not the medical services, supplies or equipment needed to deliver the home therapy. There has never been a better time than now to get the bill passed, and with your help we must achieve passsage.
Take steps now to support this effort!
Report a Medicare Part D Problem please contact Bill Noyes.
CMS Regional Office Telephone Numbers. Sometimes a Regional Office may help with difficult problems you might have.
NHIA's Part D Frequently Asked Questions: NHIA explains Part D and how it relates to home infusion. (Updated May 3, 2007)
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Resources:
- Appeals - July 2007 CMS tip sheet on requesting coverage determinations and filing appeals.
- Assisting Beneficiaries on Plan Selection - find out what you can and cannot do on pages 122 - 128 of the Medicare Marketing Guideline (see Specific Guidance about Provider Promotional Activities).
- Enrollment Counts- CMS provides Part D enrollment counts in states, counties and Congressional districts.
- Medicare Beneficiary Information - compare prescription drug plan benefits and more at www.medicare.gov.
- Prescription Drug Coverage General Information - principal entry point to all of the CMS Part D information.
- Resources for Part D Plan Sponsors on Contracting - requirements that plans must meet. Also find a set of Part D Contacts, such as network contracting contacts at plans.
- Resources for Pharmacy.
NHIA Advocacy: Learn more about NHIA's advocacy activities on Part D coverage, our work to gain meaningful coverage for home infusion therapy in Medicare, and how YOU can get involved in this initiative!
Tools and Resources