Lynn Giglione Memorial NHIF Scholarship Award For Home And Specialty Infusion Nursing
Deadline for Submission: January 12, 2015
Lynn Giglione, RN, BSN, was an inspirational, energetic, and dedicated leader and patient advocate with an unwavering commitment to improving the lives of patients and to furthering the home and specialty infusion therapy industry. As a member of the National Home Infusion Association (NHIA) community for more than 18 years, Lynn put her heart and soul into ardently advancing the field through her work with NHIA. Her involvement with the Association began in 2002 with her participation and leadership on the NHIA Education Committee. Lynn then joined NHIA's Board of Directors in 2005, was elected to the position of Vice Chair in 2008, and in 2009 became NHIA Board Chair through 2010. Not only was Lynn the first woman in the Association's history to be elected as NHIA Board Chair, she was the first nurse to hold that vital leadership position—a fact that gave her a tremendous sense of pride. From 2011-2013 she served as Past Board Chair and as Chair of NHIA's Board Government Affairs Committee. Her extraordinary work in enhancing the industry and advocating on behalf of patients led to her being named the recipient of the Association's 2013 Gene Grave's Lifetime Achievement Award. In April 2014, she was appointed to the inaugural Board of the newly formed National Home Infusion Foundation (NHIF). The industry lost Lynn shortly thereafter, but she will forever be remembered for her extraordinary spirit and inspiring courage.
Without question, Lynn's passion and commitment to the industry—and, in particular, to advancing home and specialty infusion nursing—are immeasurable. As we reflect upon her contributions, we are reminded of her incredible strength and resolve. Lynn inspired us with her leadership, compassion, and her tireless dedication to patients and colleagues. She will be remembered for her many enduring contributions to our field. The Lynn Giglione Memorial NHIF Scholarship Award For Home And Specialty Infusion Nursing has been established in Lynn's memory, as both a way to honor all of her amazing accomplishments and to foster the continued strength and growth of home and specialty infusion nursing, within our crucial field.
- To strengthen and advance the learning, leadership, care provision and professional commitment among home and specialty infusion nurses.
2015 Scholarship Award Includes:
- Complimentary, full 2015 NHIA Annual Conference & Exposition registration (inclusive of the NHIA Executive Pre-Conference).
- $1,500.00 for travel, hotel and incidentals.
- The Lynn Giglione Memorial NHIF Scholarship Award For Home And Specialty Infusion Nursing will be awarded annually to an Applicant(s) who has distinguished herself or himself with a demonstrated commitment to home and specialty infusion nursing, and to the field overall.
- An eligible award Applicant must be a current home infusion nurse who has not previously attended the NHIA Annual Conference & Exposition.
- All completed applications from eligible Applicants will be blindly reviewed by the National Home Infusion Foundation (NHIF) Board—who will select the award winner based upon a thorough review and evaluation of each Applicant's:
- Application Form
- Professional Colleague Letter of Recommendation (from a supervisor or key leader within your home and specialty infusion organization)
- Lynn Giglione Memorial NHIF Scholarship Award For Home And Specialty Infusion Nursing Essay
Scholarship Application Essay:
Please craft and submit a one to two page typed essay that addresses the following:
- Describe your demonstrated commitment to home infusion nursing, and to the larger home and specialty infusion therapy community, by sharing key examples of care provision, quality improvements, patient-centered compassion and/or leadership within your professional role(s) in our field.
- If you were to win the 2015 Lynn Giglione Memorial NHIF Scholarship Award for Home and Specialty Infusion Nursing and, thus, attend the 2015 NHIA Annual Conference & Exposition, share how you would plan to further advance your own home infusion nursing skills, commitment and/or leadership abilities—as well as the skills of your colleagues—so as to ultimately enhance home infusion nursing in providing patient care.
Scholarship Application Instructions:
- Complete the Application and submit, along with a current copy of your Resume and your written Scholarship Essay, to NHIF at: 100 Daingerfield Road, Alexandria, VA 22314, ATTN: 2015 Lynn Giglione Memorial NHIF Scholarship Award For Home And Specialty Infusion Nursing (or such materials may be faxed via 888-206-1532 or e-mailed to email@example.com).
- Coordinate having a signed Letter of Recommendation from a supervisor or key leader within your organization on his/her company stationery sent directly to NHIF (at one of the above NHIF contact options), outlining your abilities and commitment to advancing home and specialty infusion nursing.
- January 12, 2015