Grassroots Action Center
Every NHIA member is critical to our grassroots efforts.
As we move forward, our ultimate legislative success will clearly require a grassroots presence in every State and key Congressional District across the Country—simply put, we need you to be active and engaged! To drive such productive legislative outcomes, we are requesting that every NHIA Member participate in at least one (and hopefully more) of the following critical advocacy tasks.
- Attend a town hall meeting/ Recruit others to Join You!
Protect and grow your business!
- Schedule a Site Visit/ Local Office Meeting
Helpful tips to make it easy and fun!
- Gather Patient Stories/Localized Data
Help us put a face on the problem!
- Build Support and Awareness
You know the story, now share it! Ask others to help.
- Contribute to the LDF
Help ensure NHIA has the resources to succeed.
The Legislative Defense Fund (LDF) provides NHIA with the necessary financial support for grassroots, lobbying and legal fees associated with running an effective legislative program. Additionally, the LDF is used for strategic campaigns and initiatives necessary to pass legislation and defend positions vital to the future of the alternate site infusion field. Your generous support ensures we have access to all the tools needed to win in the highly competitive advocacy arena.
Additionally, for those NHIA Members who can take their commitment a step further and do more, your association also needs steadfast Grassroots Leaders to help:
- Implement as many of the above Immediate NHIA Member Advocacy Action Steps as possible.
- Recruit and assist with organizing other NHIA Members (both within and beyond your organization) to engage in multiple grassroots actions.
- Serve as NHIA’s local contact in your district with Congressional leaders.
- Facilitate diverse collaborations in your local, regional and national community to advance our evolving advocacy goals.
Why be a Part of the NHIA Grassroots Team?
Whether you can serve as a Grassroots Leader or can only implement a few of the Immediate NHIA Member Advocacy Action Steps, only you can…
- Establish and build an authentic relationship at the local community level with your Congressional Delegation.
- Share local stories of how the lack of Medicare reimbursement is affecting Patients and families.
- Speak as a constituent and voter WHO WILL BE LISTENED TO by your Members of Congress.
- Become a real and trusted health care advisor to your Members of Congress as they embark on the difficult and needed reforms to our health care system.
- Sustain and advance your business to ensure your ability to provide quality care to the full spectrum of home-based patients.
We need you to be effective! Join today!