Sterile Compounding Clinic
As organizations such as the FDA, Boards of Pharmacy, and CMS are raising the bar for sterile compounding practice, the need for comprehensive sterile compounding training for home and specialty infusion professionals is on the rise.
NHIA’s interactive, four-day Sterile Compounding Clinic program combines classroom learning with hands-on, lab-based training in an onsite simulated sterile compounding lab to provide participants with the most current information and practices pertaining to sterile compounding standards and methods. Access to all Sterile Compounding Clinic education sessions is limited to attendees who register for the program. General attendees will not have access to the education sessions. Program registration includes the Pre-conference Compounding Regulatory Update on Sunday, March 9, 2019.
The program utilizes industry experts to address critical aspects of sterile compounding including:
- Aseptic Practices
- Facility Design & Maintenance
- Environmental Monitoring and investigating excursions
- Determining beyond-use-dates
- USP <800> Hazardous Drug Compounding
- Decontamination, Cleaning & Disinfecting
- Employee Training & Qualification
- NEW Parenteral nutrition compounding
- NEW Tools and Resources for the "Designated Person” — Management in the Cleanroom
Who Should Attend?
This education session is perfect for pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, nurses, physicians, and other home and specialty infusion practitioners.
Certificate of completion will be awarded upon successful completion of the full program.