NHIA Sterile Compounding Clinic
A comprehensive, hands-on training program for today’s sterile compounding professional.
The preparation of sterile products involves specialized training and expertise in environmental controls, aseptic practices, storage and handling, end-product testing, and compliance with established standards and regulations. Pharmacists and technicians play an integral role in training, supervising and assessing adherence to compounding standards for the employees and organizations they represent.
As entities such as the Food and Drug Administration, Boards of Pharmacy, and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services CMS raising the bar for sterile compounding practice, the need for comprehensive employee training is increasing.
The Clinic will merge first-rate classroom instruction with experiential learning inside a simulated compounding lab to offer a real-world opportunity to practice what is learned about hand hygiene, garbing, aseptic technique, and quality assurance program design.
NHIA Sterile Compounding Clinic is ideal for anyone involved in compounding, including Pharmacy Technicians, Pharmacists, Nurses, and Physicians.
Gain the confidence you need to move beyond memorizing compliance rules to discovering how to apply what you’ve learned as soon as you return home.
All participants will receive:
• 40 hours of ACPE-approved CE that will encompass informative, insightful, collaborative, and interactive learning components
• Simulated Compounding Lab for hands-on learning and skills observation by qualified experts
• In-depth review of current and proposed USP standards and how to meet them
• Insight into the FDA’s role in regulating sterile compounding in 503A pharmacies
• A certificate of completion
• Access to all 2018 NHIA Annual Conference general sessions, keynotes, networking events, and entrance to the NHIA Exhibit Hall