LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT
SALES & MARKETING
A. Monday 5/22 • 1:15 - 2:15pm
01-A. A Regulatory Update for Home Infusion Clinicians
02-A. Future-scape of Specialty Pharmacy Distribution and Access
- Identify key industry and economic factors that drive limited drug distribution networks seen today.
- Compare and contrast the provider characteristics most important to drug manufacturers as they make decisions regarding distribution of their new specialty therapies.
- Identify possibilities for disrupting the current distribution paradigm, and expanding access to specialty therapies along with a wider range of provider types.
03-A. The Essential Role of Reimbursement in Payer Contracting
- Survey managed care trends and their impact on home infusion payer contracting.
- Examine contracting “lessons learned” from a reimbursement perspective, including key considerations for crafting and implementing a fair agreement.
- Delve into contract compliance monitoring, walking through payer and billing staff examples of the vigilance required to be paid in full.
04-A. Understanding Communication Styles and Their Impact on the Sales Process
- Comprehend the importance of communication styles in the development of meaningful sales relationships.
- Identify and understand your communication style, interpersonal strengths and weaknesses.
- Learn how to quickly identify the communication style of those with whom you interact.
B. Monday 5/22 • 2:30 - 3:30pm
05-B. Meeting Nutritional Needs of Complex Home Infusion Patients
- Cultivate your clinical monitoring strategies for home enteral and parenteral patients—from pediatric to geriatric populations.
- Recognize short term complications that can arise and apply assessment and management techniques that can help minimize risk of re-hospitalization.
- Delve into the challenges and complications associated with long term nutrition support, and the infusion provider’s role in maintaining patient quality of life, detailed by a case study involving a complex home nutrition support patient.
06-B. Operations 201
- Weigh the various considerations that accompany centralization opportunities as you consider strategies to reduce operating expenses.
- Walk through the key components of a patient delivery optimization program.
- Examine asset management processes and decision points with a goal of increasing utilization and decreasing pump losses.
07-B. Not Just a Status Call: Effectively Managing Claims
- Identify the most common challenges associated with claims submissions.
- Maximize the information that can be gathered in each communication with the payer.
- Walk through the follow-up that is essential after each payer communication, to increase the likelihood of clean claims in the future.
08-B. Applying Communication Strategies to Enhance Sales Effectiveness
- Evaluate strategies for communicating with different personality types.
- Glean insights into enhancing your own interpersonal communication style.
- Engage in small group exercises to apply and evaluate the effectiveness of communication techniques.
C. Tuesday 5/23 • 9:15 - 10:15am
09-C. Managing Acute Infusion Reactions in the Home
- Differentiate between anaphylaxis and acute infusion reaction (AIR), examining pathophysiology, risk factors, and presenting symptoms.
- Evaluate the role of epinephrine in the acute infusion reaction “kit,” and considerations for its use in the home.
- Apply a treatment algorithm in a series of case studies as you test your knowledge of acute infusion reaction management.
10-C. Ambulatory Infusion Suites—Operational and Regulatory Considerations
11-C. How to Obtain and Maximize Reimbursement Metrics that Work for You
- Equip yourself with ideas for impactful reimbursement metrics, including tips on creating standardization so that you can collect the needed data from any system.
- Walk through a cheat-sheet for getting the most out of reimbursement reports—from V-look-ups to pivot tables, this resource will help you apply what you’ve learned.
- Put your data to work - exploring how to create worklists for the team, assess staffing needs, and apply results in staff performance evaluations.
12-C. The BARE Essentials of Digital Marketing
- Discover how to reach, engage, and persuade the “informed consumer”.
- Understand the essentials of digital marketing: Build your platform, Attract your audience, Retain their attention, and Evaluate your results.
- See how Search Engine Optimization, social media, and email marketing can impact your bottom line.
D. Tuesday 5/23 • 10:30 - 11:30am
13-D. Safely Treating Patients with Addiction
- Receive an overview of the current climate of substance misuse in the United States—from the most commonly abused substances to regulatory efforts aimed at controlling access.
- Delve into strategies for successfully administering home infusion therapy to patients with a history of substance misuse.
- Walk through a series of case studies applying lessons learned by infusion providers who effectively identified and remediated risks in this site of care.
14-D. Adopting Digital Healthcare Technologies
- Explore the current state of health care technology, strategizing how to navigate this seemingly limitless terrain.
- Walk through key considerations when evaluating and implementing cloud-based technology solutions for a home infusion operation.
- Learn how partnering with a technologist can result in an effective solution that meets your business needs while safeguarding your financial interests.
15-D. Dos and Don’ts When Managing Patient Co-Pays
16-D. Effective Website Design and Development
- Begin with your audience in mind—who are you trying to reach, and what information do they need?
- Learn why “rust” is a critical factor for visitors of your website, and how it can be strengthened.
- Explore examples of modern website design that can improve your conversion rates.
E. Wednesday 5/24 • 1:30 - 3:00pm
17-E. New Parenteral Drugs, Biologics and Biosimilars—2016
- Hear a summary of each new parenteral drug, biologic, and biosimilar agent approved in 2016—from our industry’s current roster of pharmacy residents.
- Dive into the disease management role of each drug and its clinical application in the alternate-site setting.
- Cultivate your knowledge of administration considerations, patient education needs and clinical monitoring requirements for each drug presented.
18-E. Improving the Patient Experience
- Comprehend the importance of patient experience measurement and reporting in our evolving pay-for-performance focused health care marketplace.
- Walk through a case study examining a patient experience program customized for home and specialty infusion.
- Get the most from your patient experience results as you identify opportunities for improvement, and strategies for implementing change across your organization.
19-E. Medicare DME MAC IV/PEN Updates
- Walk through the most common reasons for denial reported by the Comprehensive Error Rate Testing (CERT) contractors.
- Delve into the current DME Medicare Part B documentation requirements behind these denials, and strategies for combatting errors.
- Receive an overview of the most recent changes and updates to key aspects of DME Medicare Part B impacting home infusion providers
20-E. Broadening Your Sales Strategy to Include Specialty Infusion
- Check back soon for this program's description
F. Thursday 5/25 • 9:15 - 10:15am
21-F. Access Device Dilemmas: Midlines vs. PICCs
Faculty: Felicia Schaps (C), David Hirsch (C)
- Understand what’s driving midline utilization in both the acute care and home infusion settings.
- Explore the evidence-based standards for access device selection, including where data is lacking.
- Consider the impact of midline vs. peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC) selection, and what providers must do to ensure each patient receives the right access device for their needs.
22-F. Combatting Negativity in the Workplace
Faculty: Alissa Putman, PhD (C)
- We spend a significant portion of our lives with our co-workers—fostering a positive work environment benefits us all.
- Learn the contributors to workplace negativity, and how to counteract them.
- Acquire strategies for strengthening individual resiliency.
23-F. Intake Strategies—Setting the Stage for Successful Reimbursement
Faculty: Rodney Wright (C), Peg Gruenemeier (C), Dawn Serrano (C); addl faculty TBA.
- Walk through the common challenges associated with intake, including strategies to keep your reimbursement train on the tracks.
- Take a deep dive into benefit assessment, exploring the role payer estimation tools and forms management processes play in successful reimbursement.
- Identify co-pay assistance and coupon programs that can potentially ease your patients’ self-pay burden.
24-F. Sales in a New Age
Faculty: Louis Feuer (C)
- Ready yourself for the new patient services evolving with our changing health care system.
- Learn how to strengthen your customer relationships using tailored communications.
- Explore sales tools and resources that, when used correctly, can enhance personal connections.
G. Thursday 5/25 • 10:30 - 12:00pm
25-G. Actionable Access Device Event Data: Utilizing the NHIA Standard Definition to Improve Outcomes
- Explore methods for collecting access device event data in accordance with the NHIA standard definition.
- Evaluate approaches for analyzing access event data to identify trends and opportunities for prevention through case studies.
- Measure the impact of access device interventions on the outcome of infusion therapy through effective data reporting.
26-G. Managing Conflict in the Workplace: Tips, Tools and Strategies
- Walk through techniques for managing interpersonal workplace conflict.
- Recognize when assistance is needed to resolve a conflict situation.
- Practice conflict resolution techniques as you walk through common workplace scenarios.
27-G. Audit-Proofing Your Reimbursement Processes, Beginning at Intake
- Begin with the end in mind—evaluating risk of non-payment at intake so preventive action can be taken.
- Construct a clear and timely documentation trail that will support reimbursement of the services provided.
- Explore metrics that keep your finger on the pulse of reimbursement challenges, and strategies for applying these outcomes to your operational improvement plan.
28-G. Customer Service: A Blueprint for Sales Success
- Consider the role every employee plays in the delivery of high-quality customer service.
- Delve into the elements of a high-quality customer service program.
- Receive a blueprint for engaging your co-workers in a comprehensive approach to customer service.