NHIF SCHOLARSHIP AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN HOME AND SPECIALTY INFUSION PHARMACY PRACTICE
The National Home Infusion Foundation (NHIF) is a non-profit organization that aims to advance the home and specialty infusion field and to support the enhancement of patient care through leadership, research, and education. Established by the National Home Infusion Association, the Foundation focuses on shaping the future of the industry to ensure the most value to patients and to the health care community. In 2014, the Foundation established its inaugural award, the LYNN GIGLIONE MEMORIAL NHIF SCHOLARSHIP AWARD FOR HOME AND SPECIALTY INFUSION NURSING to recognize a home infusion nurse who has demonstrated commitment to advancing patient care, and to the field overall. In 2016, NHIF will continue to promote leadership and excellence in the field of home and specialty infusion through the establishment of an award that recognizes the important role and contributions of the pharmacist.
The safe, effective delivery of infusion therapies requires the clinical skills and specialized knowledge of a highly-trained interdisciplinary team to achieve positive patient outcomes and improve a patient's quality of life. One of the key professionals at the heart of this patient care team is the pharmacist. The NHIF SCHOLARSHIP AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN HOME AND SPEICALTY INFUSION PHARMACY PRACTICE will recognize the role of the pharmacist in ensuring the safe, appropriate, and effective use of medications by infusion patients in an alternate site of care. It will acknowledge the pharmacist who has demonstrated both excellence in providing individualized patient care, as well as a commitment to the advancement of home infusion pharmacy practice within a rapidly changing health care landscape.
The award was presented for the first time at the 2016 NHIA Annual Conference & Exposition to a pharmacist who embodied the mission of the Foundation through leadership, education and/or clinical contributions to home and specialty infusion pharmacy practice.
- To advance learning, leadership, care provision, and professional commitment among home and specialty infusion pharmacists.
- The NHIF SCHOLARSHIP AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN HOME AND SPECIALTY INFUSION PHARMACY PRACTICE will be awarded annually to an Applicant who has distinguished herself or himself with a demonstrated commitment to home and specialty infusion pharmacy and to the field overall.
- An eligible award Applicant must be a home infusion pharmacist who has not previously attended the NHIA Annual Conference & Exposition.
- Applications from qualified Applicant will be blindly reviewed by the National Home Infusion Foundation (NHIF) Board.
- An application will be deemed complete when it contains each of the elements listed below. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Application Form
- Professional Letter of Support (from a supervisor or key leader within your home and specialty infusion organization)
- NHIF SCHOLARSHIP AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN HOME AND SPECIALTY INFUSION PHARMACY PRACTICE Essay
Scholarship Award Includes:
- Complimentary, full NHIA Annual Conference & Exposition registration (inclusive of the NHIA Executive Pre-Conference).
- $1,500.00 for travel, hotel, and incidentals.
- Complete the Application and submit, along with a current copy of your Resume and your written Scholarship Essay, to NHIF at: 100 Daingerfield Road, Alexandria, VA 22314 (or such materials may be faxed via 888-206-1532 or e-mailed to email@example.com).
- Coordinate having a signed Letter of Recommendation from a supervisor or key leader within your organization on his/her company stationery sent directly to NHIF (at one of the above NHIF contact options), outlining your abilities and commitment to advancing home and specialty infusion pharmacy.
- February 28, 2017