LYNN GIGLIONE MEMORIAL NHIF SCHOLARSHIP AWARD FOR HOME AND SPECIALTY INFUSION NURSING
Lynn Giglione, R.N., B.S.N., was an inspirational, energetic, and dedicated leader and patient advocate with an unwavering commitment to improving the lives of patients and to furthering the home and specialty infusion therapy industry. As a member of the National Home Infusion Association (NHIA) community for more than 18 years, Lynn put her heart and soul into ardently advancing the field through her work with NHIA. Her involvement with the Association began in 2002 with her participation and leadership on the NHIA Education Committee. Lynn then joined NHIA's Board of Directors in 2005, was elected to the position of Vice Chair in 2008, and in 2009 became NHIA Board Chair through 2010. Not only was Lynn the first woman in the Association's history to be elected as NHIA Board Chair, she was the first nurse to hold that vital leadership position—a fact that gave her a tremendous sense of pride. From 2011-2013 she served as Past Board Chair and as Chair of NHIA's Board Government Affairs Committee. Her extraordinary work in enhancing the industry and advocating on behalf of patients led to her being named the recipient of the Association's 2013 Gene Grave's Lifetime Achievement Award. In April 2014, she was appointed to the inaugural Board of the newly formed National Home Infusion Foundation (NHIF). The industry lost Lynn shortly thereafter, but she will forever be remembered for her extraordinary spirit and inspiring courage.
Without question, Lynn's passion and commitment to the industry—and, in particular, to advancing home and specialty infusion nursing—are immeasurable. As we reflect upon her contributions, we are reminded of her incredible strength and resolve. Lynn inspired us with her leadership, compassion, and her tireless dedication to patients and colleagues. She will be remembered for her many enduring contributions to our field. The LYNN GIGLIONE MEMORIAL NHIF SCHOLARSHIP AWARD FOR HOME AND SPECIALTY INFUSION NURSING has been established in Lynn's memory to honor her amazing accomplishments andto foster the continued strength and growth of home and specialty infusion nursing, within our crucial field.
- To advance learning, leadership, care provision, and professional commitment among home and specialty infusion nurses.
- The LYNN GIGLIONE MEMORIAL NHIF SCHOLARSHIP AWARD FOR HOME AND SPECIALTY INFUSION NURSING will be presented annually to an Applicant who has distinguished herself or himself with a demonstrated commitment to home and specialty infusion nursing, and to the field overall.
- An eligible award Applicant must be a home infusion nurse who has not previously attended the NHIA Annual Conference & Exposition.
- Applications from qualified Applicant will be blindly reviewed by the National Home Infusion Foundation (NHIF) Board.
- An application will be deemed complete when it contains the following (incomplete applications will not be reviewed):
- Application Form
- Professional Letter of Support (from a supervisor or key leader within your home and specialty infusion organization)
- LYNN GIGLIONE MEMORIAL NHIF SCHOLARSHIP AWARD FOR HOME AND SPECIALTY INFUSION NURSING Essay.
Scholarship Award Includes:
- Complimentary, full NHIA Annual Conference & Exposition registration (inclusive of the NHIA Executive Pre-Conference).
- $1,500.00 for travel, hotel, and incidentals.
- Complete the Application and submit, along with a current copy of your Resume and your written Scholarship Essay, to NHIF at: 100 Daingerfield Road, Alexandria, VA 22314 (or such materials may be faxed via 888-206-1532 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Coordinate having a signed Letter of Recommendation from a supervisor or key leader within your organization on his/her company stationery sent directly to NHIF (at one of the above NHIF contact options), outlining your abilities and commitment to advancing home and specialty infusion nursing.
- February 28, 2017