Making Meaningful Medicare Coverage a Reality for Home Infusion Services—
There is an increased sense of “opportunity” in the air—thanks to recent developments on the Hill and the persistent, strategic advocacy activities that NHIA has underway to ensure the future growth and success of our industry. Please join the NHIA Advocacy Team and your fellow colleagues for an informative, interactive discussion to examine these new opportunities for making meaningful Medicare coverage of home infusion therapy a reality—and to explore the evolving strategies being cultivated to drive that success:
- Receive a comprehensive overview of the recent June 15, 2011 re-introduction of the Medicare Home Infusion Therapy Coverage Act in both the Senate (S. 1203) and the House (H.R. 2195)—and grasp why this achievement, via the active support of Senators Olympia Snowe (R-ME) and John Kerry (D-MA), and Representatives Eliot Engel (D-NY-17) and Tim Murphy (R-PA-18), is a key element of NHIA’s “dual track” legislative strategy.
- Hear insights and valuable feedback directly from key legislative staff, who will join us “live” on this Talk Infusion Membership Forum Call.
- Assess the important progress being made to develop a home infusion demonstration project through the new Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI)—and understand how this approach can productively impact our larger goal of meaningful home infusion coverage under Medicare.
- Review the many changing health care reform dynamics that are emerging with regard to new integrated health care delivery models, including Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs)—and discern the likely effect of budget shortfalls on the future of health care delivery.
- Discover the evolving advocacy strategies that NHIA is employing to further advance and maximize all of the above vital opportunities.
- Learn how we can all work together effectively to make meaningful Medicare coverage of home infusion a reality for your company and your patients.
Faculty: Russ Bodoff, President & CEO, NHIA; Mary Ann Cope, RPh, NHIA Chair and CEO, HomeChoice Partners; John Magnuson, Vice President of Legislative Affairs, NHIA; Alan K. Parver, Esq., NHIA Policy Advisor & Legal Counsel and Shareholder, Polsinelli Shughart, PC; and Invited Legislative Staff.